Monday, January 24, 2011

We've Got CRABS....and some broccoli soup too!

We do have crabs and I hope people (my 11 readers) don't think I am a sick-o for my title.  (more to come..read on!)  I feel like it has been ages since I posted anything and I know this is bound to be a jumbled mess...

I am currently in recovery mode from the most amazing 2 1/2 childless days in over a year.  AHHHHHHHHHH!  I could say it over and over again.  I am trying to adjust back into my mommy role and shake off the freedom I felt for about 55 hours.  I am a firm believe that moms need their time and it makes us much much better at what we do when we get some time to our self.  (hence we all run!)

I unfortunately I took virtually no pictures as I forgot my camera but the memories are quite vivid.   I saw some friends that I have not seen in ages, but have known since I was very young.  It is great when you see those people that no matter how long it has been since you saw them, it seems like it was just yesterday.
Ali and Oscar during a quick visit to our house.


We Spent the weekend in Fort Lauderdale at my friends house and just relaxed and laughed all weekend.  I am proud to say that we went "out" on Friday night and I had to laugh at the experience as a whole (lots of people watching!) and just the fact that we rolled in the door at 2am Saturday morning which is actually 5 hours after my normal Friday night bedtime and about 2 1/2 hours before my normal long run wake up call.  

I decided to buy the boys a little treat and opted for some hermit crabs.  We got the most active ones in the store and so those little guys are LOUD.  I feel like PETA is going to come for me as these crabs definitely want out of their home.


I got home just in time Sunday morning to take Oscar to a Birthday party and Googles just love these Elton John sunglasses...we can't keep them off of him.
Nana is a serious card maker and Oscar loves to make cards with her.  He is a very crafty kid and eats this type of thing up....stamping, gluing, cutting, etc.

We had some very large rains last week so my garden is a bit of a rain forest right now.  I came home to so much broccoli, the picture below does not even due it any justice. All the broccoli was flowering so I decided to whip up about 2 gallons of broccoli soup with cabbage and carrots....can you say colon cleanse?  I will probably be eating this soup around the clock until Wednesday....as I ought not be eating it too close to Marathon Weekend!  Can you imagine the port-o-potty stoppage that would occur?  I am a firm believer that your time should stop when you cross the threshold of the pot-o-john...It's only fair right?






So, now it is Monday and Marathon numero- uno is less than 1 week away.  I have not run in a few days due to the weekend with friends and also because I became a bit nervous about my left knee.  My knee just feels off...almost like I hyper extended it maybe?  I don't think it is anything major, but since I did 12 last Monday and a few short runs I decided to skip this past weekends 8 miler.  I am getting really excited, really nervous and really ready for this weekend of fun! 

Sorry this is ALL over the place.  

How was your weekend?
Any great runs?
Are you crafty?  scrap booking? card making?

6 comments:

  1. LOL at the crabs!, though I assumed they were the kind for eating!

    I'm not sure we can be friends anymore... I love broccoli soup. My family hates it. I never get it. Plus all we have in our "garden" is frost and dead leaves. Not fair.

    AND finally, TAPER MADNESS... relax about the knee, I'm sure it's fine.

    Good for you for recognizing that an 8 miler doesn't mean anything at this point. You're better off to just do a few short easy jogs to keep things loose. I am SO excited for you. You're going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah-"we've got crabs" definitely sparked my attention!

    I love broccoli and eat approximately 5-12ounce steam in the bags myself every week! That soup looks GOOD! I can't wait until summer when I can get my garden going again!

    Love the pics! Your knee will feel 100% come race day!! I know it. The countdown is seriously on!!

    NOT crafty. Actually, I am maybe OK at crafty things I just don't really enjoy doing them. Scrapbooking, although I like the finished product is worse that a 20 mile treadmill run-ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Love your blog more and more too. Thanks for the sweet comment. Love your title. :) made me laugh. And what a great surprise for your kiddos. Lucky them. Yay for your getaway...so important to have this recharge time! I value these getaways so much. Hey, did you lost the lid to your blender? I have to use a plate too because I can't find my lid. Ha ha. I'm so excited about your marathon coming up!! yay! Enjoy your broccoli! I wish I could come have a bowl with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's some serious broccoli! You are going to do great at your marathon! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would love to have fresh brocolli in January. My whole family loves brocolli soup. YUM YUM! You will do great in your marathon. I did my first one this fall and it was great. Can't wait to read about yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The knee is probably just Taper Madness setting in.. I was convinced that I had dilocated everything and had every virus the week leading up to Marathon #1.. Hey email me if you need a pep-talk I have loads of them.. That soups looks YUMMERS..

    ReplyDelete