So, after reading many "Running Mom" blogs over the past years, I thought now being 2011, 26 days before my 1st marathon and also my 31st Birthday would be a great time to dive in. I am not sure at all what I will write about...probably running, my crazy boys, my hectic life and everything in between. So, to begin, here are 31 things about me...
1. I loooove ice cream. No seriously, you have no idea. Have you tried Ben and Jerry's S'mores???
2. I lived in the same home from birth to college, but since have lived in 5 different states (Florida, Arizona, California, Wisconsin, back to Florida)
3. I felt like I was in a cult while reading the Twilight series, as did my husband. My kids had a mini buffet all day of food and drinks so I could just read and read and read and they could help themselves.
4. The first blog I ever read was Tonia at Racing With Babes and that was years ago. I am entertained daily by her and you probably are also!
5. I played soccer all through college and began triathlons and running races mid way through college. My longest tri being Wildflower 1/2 Ironman and everything from 5k's to 1/2 marathons running wise.
6. I have 2 boys, Willsy is 4 and Googles is 2 (not there real names but in fact their nicknames)
7. My husband was the Chef at Rancho Valencia in Ranch Santa Fe, CA when I began my first job there as the Pastry Assistant right out of Culinary School.
8. He won me over with a kick ass turkey sandwich (think turkey, a little mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, crispy bacon, toasted bread, and the kicker.....cranberry relish)
9. My dad was a high school and college basketball coach while I was grown up and I spent many nights asleep in the space between the steps of the gymnasium bleachers covered in winter coats (I grew up in Rochester NY)
10. I cannot go to the movie theater and not get popcorn. I know it is so bad for you and most times I leave the theater with a headache and feeling like crap-o-la, but it is just so freaking good at the moment.
11. I love Asics Kayano's. I have worn the exact same running sneaker since 2000. The 17's just came out and can't wait to have em! I am actually waiting on 2 pairs of 16's that should be at my doorstep by the end of the day!
12. I LOVE to gift my old running sneaks to my mom...she just left today with 4 pairs of "worn in" sneakers.
13. I built a vegetable garden in my backyard in October and it is one of the most rewarding things ever.
14. I am a HUGE Syracuse basketball fan....I do love Coach K at Duke also.
15. Up until this past summer I had no desire to ever run a marathon, but yet I wanted to do an Ironman. (figure that one out!)
16. I sometimes wish my Bunco group could forgo the dice for a night and instead play beer pong, flip cup, kings cup and a$$hole.
17. I drove Ford Aerostar in high school and ended up in many ditches in the winter with its rear wheel drive mixed with 6 foot snow drifts.
18. I am a proud cookie dough and cake batter eater and have nicely passed the love of both to my 4 year old.
19. I am the luckiest mom ever in that both my boys would lie around and cuddle all day with me if I asked...serious cuddle monkeys
20. My favorite movie is Goonies...enough said!
21. I love Kashi frozen meals. I probably have 16 or so in my freezer right now.
22. I have never worn a running skirt and after reading so many running blogs I think I am the only female that doesn't.
23. I love the stinky, sweaty smell of my boys when they wake up from a nap.
24. I wish I had a "clean" house all the time. I prefer to think of my house as tidy
25. I LOVE watching TV and don't know how myself or my family lived without our DVR. Mine is usually 1 hour away from exploding and I am constantly having to delete things.
26. I wish my family was like the one on Cake Boss....all working and living close to one another. I live a plane ride away from all my family.
27. I enjoy knitting and hope to finally learn to knit something other than a scarf this year.
28. I have had 5 knee surgeries. The first when I was a junior in high school and the most recent was February of 2009. I was actually told I have no cartilage under my kneecap and have arthritis that would been seen in a 70 year old. Fabulous!!
29. I appreciate sleep and am usually in bed by 9:30PM. In the past month I have fallen asleep before 8PM many times.
30. I am so lucky that even though my husband works the craziest hours imaginable and goes weeks without a day off, he never complains when I tell him that he has the boys as I am running a 20 miler at 5:30AM the next morning!
31. I am blessed!