T-Minus 12 days until Miami ING and I may slowly losing it. (this 1st step is me actually admitting it is happening)
A wonderful blogger, G sent me a link to a very funny letter she received from her coach for me to read during this difficult time (haha). If you would like to check it out here it is...(G I hope you don't mind, but seeing you had already posted it on your blog I thought it would be OK.) nofsahmof3
Some of my symptoms:
- A foot problem...came up last week. Don't recall injuring myself but last week found myself on the couch telling my husband that I wasn't going to be able to run. I could not walk or run and then POOOOOF it was gone about 3 days later???
- knee pain...possibly tripped over a shoe and twisted my left knee trying to get out the door in the dark on an early morning Starbucks run with the 2 kids in tow. Ran on the leg today and the 1st half was NOT GOOD. AND pain started spreading...ahhhhhhhh
- Knee pain became back of leg pain and shin splint pain? OK, now I am just losing it. The pain spread to the back of my leg right where my hamstring meets my calf and then spread to my shins??? (I wish I was kidding here but I am NOT!) Luckily it subsided as I ran, but if really felt like my left leg was a cramped up mess.
NOTE~ I am definitely thinking all these leg and knee pains are because of the weather. I am NOT a hypochondriac and with all the surgeries I have had on my knees when we have a storm front come through and there is a large pressure change my knees usually feel like crap-o-la. (did you see Florida on the news??? the whole state was red because of the wonderful storms coming through....I heart a good storm!)
- I just had to run my 12 mile run that got cut short Saturday. I mean it was my last double digit run of this training cycle and you and I both know if I didn't run it I would just DIE come marathon day (Am I playing head games or what????) even though I ran a 21miler last Saturday. So, into my taper I ran this 12 miler that was supposed to be done Saturday or Sunday because I am looooooosin' in big time!!
- AM I getting sick? Oh Sh*T!!!!! No I can't be getting sick. Is that plem in my throat? (on top of it Oscar, my 4 year old, and middle of the night bed companion (yeah my 4 year old climbs in my bed every night at 2am, but someday he'll stop right? I mean he won't be a 16 year old in my bed...at least I hope not!) Well, any who....he came into my bed hacking up a lung and complaining of a sore throat. Is it mean that I told him to stay waaaaaay over THERE and not to look in my direction? AND when he woke up his nose was a clogged mess and NOW I AM JUST POSITIVE I AM GONNA BE SICK!
- And finally yesterday I was a sleepy waste of space. I slept in, found myself napping all day....could it be MONO? I mean I haven't kissed anyone besides Oz in what 7 years? (just kidding but I thought I would throw it in there!)
Am I losing it?